Which regulations apply to commercial loans that are secured by real estate? Are there any exceptions when the real estate is taken as "an abundance of caution"? Do the commercial lenders and support staff at your bank understand the data collection required for HMDA reportable applications? Is a written application required for a business purpose loan? Join this fast-paced webinar to understand the application process with step by step instructions and actual examples that explain the requirements of applicable regulations in terms that are easy to understand.
- What factors determine if the application is for business purpose or consumer purpose?
- What are the compliance requirements when real estate is taken as collateral?
- Review of the required disclosure for the "Right to Receive a Copy of Appraisal." Who gets the notice and what are the timing rules? This DOES apply to 1st lien loans of 1-4 units, regardless of purpose; there is no "business-purpose" exception.
- What are some common compliance violations in the commercial loan area when real estate has been taken as collateral?
- Overview of HMDA requirements and preview of the changes to business purpose loans when the new HMDA rules become effective January 1, 2018.
- Flood insurance violations can be costly. What are some of the unique challenges with commercial buildings and collateral?
- There are four "trip wire" events for flood insurance. Learn about the new rules for "detached structure on residential property".
- BONUS TOOLS
- Matrix of 28 loan types; required disclosures for both consumer and commercial loans with explanations about real estate secured loans.
- Checklists that outline which compliance regulations apply to commercial credit and the exemptions for certain rules.
- Step by Step HMDA controls for 2017 reporting activity
- Flood insurance resources
- Collateral checklist
- Fair Lending Policy - Business purpose loans ARE covered by anti-discrimination protections of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
Who Should Attend?
This interactive session is a cost-effective way to gain a greater understanding of the rules about processing applications, and complying with regulations triggered by commercial loans secured by real estate. This informative session will benefit loan officers, loan assistants, loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors, and trainers.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.