Learn about several advanced tax return concepts and related analyses to help you work more effectively with your bank's business customers.
We will begin with a brief review of analyzing a business owner’s personal “1040” tax return, as well as the return of an LLC, S corporation, and C corporation - including Schedules M-1 and M-2, Schedule K-1, pass-through transactions, and other deductions.
Then we will cover more “advanced” tax topics - listed below - related to business clients. Each topic will be presented from the perspective of more effectively working with your bank’s business customers.
- Corporate Tax Issues including Business Structure, Section 179 Depreciation, and Bonus Depreciation
- Investments including Capital Gain/Loss Issues and Passive Activities
- Real Estate Issues including Rentals and Home Offices
- Employer Provided Benefits including “Qualified Retirement Plans” and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Retirement Planning Strategies including “Defined Benefit” Plans and Captive Insurance
- Estate Planning Issues including Gift Taxes
- Year-End Tax Strategies
- Recent Changes to the Tax Code that impact Business Owners
Who Should Attend?
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.