December 31, 2019 brings the end of reporting certain nonresident alien interest without a foreign taxpayer identification number. During this program we will focus on writing nonresident alien procedures for your frontline and back of the house staff. Are you ready? You will receive a tax handbook plus many ideas about Customer Identification Programs for nonresident aliens.
What You Will Learn
- IRS Notice 2017-46 Intermediary rules
- How to update your current nonresident aliens through alternative rules
- What countries do not have foreign tax identification numbers
- What to do if you cannot obtain a Foreign Taxpayer Identification Number
- How to set up your system
- How to set up for 1042S Reporting
- Special rules on IRAs and new back up withholding rules
- How to handle non-interest-bearing accounts
- Identification of nonresident aliens
- Risk rating a nonresident alien
Who Should Attend?
Compliance, BSA, Training, Deposit Operations and all Branch Personnel.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.